Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Arthur L. Neisler, 1918-2007

Arthur Lee “Shorty” Neisler, 88, of 652 N. Sandusky St., Apt. 301, Tiffin, died at 4:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 26, 2007, at Blanchard Valley Medical Center in Findlay.

He was born Nov. 23, 1918, in Winston-Salem, N.C., to Arthur Lee Sr. and Lelia Frances (Coppedge) Neisler. He married Mary H. Cook in Tiffin, and she preceded him in death Jan. 21, 2006.
READ MORE
Thanks to everyone who prayed for my grandfather. He endured two heart attacks and multiple surgeries before his strong heart finally failed. A very happy memory came to me today. In December I was back in Tiffin and I was able to get together for breakfast with Grandpa and my dad and my brother. A wave of gratitude to God washed over to me today as I realized how special that time was. We couldn't have known it would be the last time together for grandfather, father, and grandsons. At the time it was just an excuse to occupy my dad while mom got ready for the surprise party we were planning for him that day. It's wonderful how the Lord arranges things for us.

It blows my mind to think of Grandpa standing in the very presence of God. But that's what my Bible tells me he is doing now. He is beholding the face of Jesus this very moment. Think of it. To look upon the fair face of the King. It reminds me of a passage from C.S. Lewis' sermon, "The Weight of Glory":
"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you say it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship....There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilisations - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat."
If Lewis is right, if you could Arthur Neisler as he is now you wouldn't call him Shorty.

3 comments:

MadMup said...

I am sorry for your loss but rejoice with you in the hope we have in God.

Sarah said...

It is such a comfort to know a loved one goes straight into the presence of our God! I cannot imagine the sadness and feeling of loss if you do not have that hope. We will keep your family in prayer--it seems like he must have lived a full life~!

GloryandGrace said...

I will definitely be praying for your family, and for your safety in travel. What a great encouragement it is to know that you have come from such a godly, inspiring lineage.

Give me a call when you guys get back in town- Grace and peace, brother~